Curley hair for thin hair!

Tuesday 8 September 2015

Hey guys!

I have been curing my hair a lot recently, and I have loved it. I feel like it makes a look go from casual to dressed up so easily. I’ve always looked around for hair tutorials for curly hair, but they have never worked for me. I would love big bouncy Victoria secret waves, but my hair sis so thin it just doesn’t work! (Insert grumpy emoji here). They always worked when I wore my extensions, because although they don’t add any length now, they add a lot of volume, but I always find extensions annoying for various reasons,
1. Sooo annoying to put it
2. Really uncomfortable to wear
3. You’re very on edge that they’re showing all day
Does anyone else feel like this or is it just me?

So anyway, rant over... I wanted to have curly hair without the extensions, so then I have been trying out this hairstyle for a while now and I love it. It’s just general curls, but instead of doing very thick layers and sections, I find doing very small sections works so well. It gives your hair SO much volume and the curls stay in all day!

So let’s get started.

Firstly I like to start with second day hair because I feel like it’s so much easier to work with. When you’ve just washed your hair is so soft that none of the curls really stay in. I use a bit of dry shampoo so that it doesn’t get greasy throughout the day.


So start off with sectioning your hair. I do mine in three sections, which really isn’t much for my hair. Each section is tiny. Once I’ve put the sections into place I spray my hair all over with heat protector. Each section I curl is roughly 1cm thick. I then grab my trusty straighteners and starting from the top of my hair I grab my hair in-between the two irons then twist my hair around it as I’m dragging the straighteners down.



I do exactly the same with the rest of my hair, but I alternate the direction of the curls so that it looks more natural.

After this I spray a LOT of hair spray to hold it all in place.



After this, I like to brush my hair to loosen the curls a bit because they’re a little bit crazy at this point. And then spray yet more hair spray.

And that’s the completed look!


I love doing this look and it takes no time at all! I hope you like it just as much as me and definitely show me if you recreate it!

Do you like posts like these or do you like more foodie posts? Or do you like a bit of everything?
Be sure to let me know in the comments!


Love, Ky 

6 comments:

  1. Your hair looks gorgeous! I love curly hair!
    Becky Shannon xx - Life-by-Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really liked this style of post with the step by step photos! Your hair is lovely curled!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Than you! I have photos of some funny faces I pulled trying to curl my hair!

      Delete
  3. Great tips, you look wonderful dear! xxxxx

    www.romantiquely.com

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS